Whether we like it or not, product rating influences purchase decisions directly and can make or break a sale. First, there should be enough ratings to make a product credible. Then feedback must look trustworthy and walk a delicate line between being too ideal and over negative.
So if you need to enable product rating in Magento 2 and feel like the core Magento 2 lacks the full spectrum of features required to collect, manage, and showcase consumers’ feedback, you are in the right place.
This article has been designed to share clear-cut instructions on how to enable product rating in Magento 2.
Let’s dive in and elevate your Adobe Commerce product ratings.
Steps to Configure Ratings in Default Magento 2
In the core Magento 2, all incoming customer reviews have the pending status and do not get displayed on the storefront before an admin approves or disapproves them.
To access the default functionality, you’ll need to log in to the Magento 2 admin panel first. To manage your ratings, follow these simple steps:
Step #1. Overview and Approve Customer Reviews
On the left pane, go to MARKETING, and then navigate to User Content.
There, you’ll see three options — All reviews, pending reviews, and Yotpo reviews.
To access the complete list of reviews available on your site, select All Reviews. There, you’ll see all approved, disapproved, or pending pieces of feedback.
Step #2. Edit Reviews
From the list of reviews that are available in the grid, select a review you’d like to moderate. You can quickly see which product the review was left for and the author’s name and location.
The default Magento 2 allows you to edit the following details only:
- Detailed rating
- Review’s status (approved, pending, not approved)
- Review’s content
After you click the Save Review button in the upper-right corner, your adjustments will get saved, and the Summary Rating will change accordingly.
“According to Statista, over 36% of shoppers use online reviews for brand and product search. Such consumer evaluations of a business not simply help showcase your offerings but assist brands in improving their vendibles and even SEO rankings,” says Ellie Yantsan, Marketing Executive at Mageworx.
What Functionality Can You Gain Using a Third-Party Extension?
Suppose you do not have an in-hose Magento Developer and could use more features in configuring and managing your reviews and ratings. In that case, a third-party Magento 2 module is a simple and cost-efficient way to achieve that.
Such a solution at hand can add the following set of features:
- Advanced front-end possibilities for the customer. Should you wish to let shoppers attach images of your vendibles in their reviews, offer to highlight pros and cons, recommend items, and even vote other shoppers’ feedback as helpful or not, a Magento 2 add-on can do it for you. Besides, such solutions often add handy reviews filtering possibilities.
- Collecting customer feedback automatically. Say you have staff constraints and can’t reach out to every customer individually, use an extension! Some solutions enable you to contact shoppers via customizable emails or display popups to collect user-generated content. Such notifications will get displayed/sent following the rules and conditions set by your store admins.
- Built-in design templates. Often, review modules come with pre-built design templates for the functionality they add. It can be popups and email templates, as well as some enhancements to how the product reviews block looks at the storefront.
- Advanced reviews management possibilities. Sore admins canl be able to approve and decline customer feedback in bulk, add UTM parameters to links sent via review reminder notifications, manage subscriber lists, overview action logs to analyze how customers interact with the added functionality and add admin replies. Besides, you can choose how testimonials should be filtered and when to send reminders to collect customer feedback.
- Advanced compatibilities. In the world of Magento, it’s a must to install solutions built in full compliance with the best Magento practices and development standards. Besides, such modules should come with advanced compatibilities, and they often do. Third-party extension vendors know how critical it is to ensure their solutions do not cause any conflicts and are compatible with as many other extensions’ functionality as possible. Besides, many of the solutions are built PWA and Hyva ready and support REST and GraphQL API, i.e., come with the functionality required to run flawlessly on any Magento storefront.
With all the importance of offering flexible and advanced reviews, it’s a matter of several mouse clicks to enable and extend the default Magento functionality in your online store and use this marketing shtick to the maximum.
Following the steps we share above will help you enable product rating in Magento 2. They will also help you automate the process of asking to leave customer reviews with the help of emails and onsite popup notifications.
Take your Adobe Commerce ratings to the next level now!