E-commerce development is not as easy as you might think. There are plenty of eCommerce solutions available, but you still need to analyze these options and understand what your website needs. If you do proper research, you can build a cool site that can evolve and take your business to the next level.
A 5-Step Guide On Building A Perfect eCommerce Website
If you are willing to build an eCommerce website but don’t know where to begin, then this blog is for you. Read our article where you can learn how to develop your site step-by-step.
1. Choose A Domain Name
Your website URL consists of a domain name that identifies what your business does. This domain name includes your business name. If the name you chose is quite popular, you should do a lit bit of research and use online tools to see if there are other available options for your domain name.
Consider the following tips for writing a domain name
- Make it short and simple – Make sure your domain name is short (6-14 characters), memorable, and easy to pronounce. Avoid using numbers or hyphens. You will make it just more difficult for your customers to memorize your web address.
- Use brandable names – Avoid using generic names. Customers might find websites with a name similar to yours and which have a better ranking in different search engines. So, use a name that is outstanding and best communicates your brand.
2. Choose An eCommerce Platform
The next important step is finding the right E-commerce platform. There are many website builder tools that can help you to create the website you have been dreaming of. However, when choosing an eCommerce platform pay attention to
- Performance Of Website – Make sure your customers can shop on your site at any moment without waiting for a long time until your pages load.
- Traffic Capacity – Build a website that will be able to handle the traffic you want.
- Mobile-Friendliness – Make your website mobile-friendly as many customers prefer to shop with their phones.
- Safe Data – Keep your website away from attacks and make sure your and your customer’s data is protected.
3. Add Products to Your Site
Product pages are crucial for your site, as they show your customers what your store sells. First, create categories for your products, so that people can easily find whatever they are looking for. Next, write proper titles and accurate descriptions for your products and add them to your site. Make sure all information is relevant and free of grammatical errors. Finally, add high-quality photos and decorate them on the mood board, so your customers can visually evaluate your products.
4. Set Up Payment Options
Set up different types of payment options so customers have an opportunity to choose the one they prefer. You could have payment options like redirects and on-site payments. It’s essential to get their signature on the contract as well. Consider to apply an e-sign service to present a better user experience.
5. Test Your Online Store
Once you are all set, it is time to test your site. More specifically, make sure if the checkout works, if your website is accessible from other devices, whether your site functions on other browsers as well, and so on.
After launching your website, you could conduct a customer success survey to see if your customers are happy with your site and what they would like you to improve.
A good eCommerce website is more than just selling your products. It’s a place where you can provide customers with an excellent shopping experience that will eventually strengthen your brand and build a loyal customer base.
We hope you enjoyed this blog and can take your first step in crafting a perfect eCommerce website.