Here’s how you can configure your Huawei phone to use Gmail if it doesn’t come with Google Play Services. As a result of the recent stoppage of Google’s licensing, Huawei is no longer able to ship Android phones with basic Google apps.
Although Huawei phones aren’t cheap, their value remains high. This guide will show you how to get a Gmail account set up on your Huawei phone, even if you don’t have the actual Gmail app installed.
Users around the world rely heavily on Google’s email service, and various businesses use it as well. When this situation arises, Gmail becomes essential. A Gmail account is linked to other Google services, such as YouTube, within the Google ecosystem.
Using Huawei phones, this tutorial shows how to install Gmail’s Email service. Here are two official methods to add a Gmail account to your phone without rooting or modifying it in any way.
Without Google Play Services and Play Store, how do you add a Gmail account to Huawei phones
Huawei has its own email client built in, since Android cannot simply package the Gmail Android app. As an additional feature, Gmail’s web client is platform-independent. The Gmail application can be accessed from any web browser.
In our opinion, the email app is the best route due to its integration of notifications and advanced editing features. As an alternative, we present the secondary method.
Method 1: Use Huawei Email App
In order to be most convenient, it is recommended to use the built-in Email app since it has the same functionality as a standalone app. You can configure it as follows:
- You don’t have to do anything other than open up Huawei Email on your EMUI phone, as it comes pre-installed.
- A list of various email accounts will appear on the first launch of the app. Click on Gmail.
- Now, the app will ask you to log in through Google Authorization Service. Please accept the request.
- To add an account, enter its details and log in.
- A pop-up will appear on the bottom after you successfully log in saying open in the Email app. Simply tap open to proceed.
- Now that your Gmail account is synced with the Email app, you should be able to send and receive emails.
That’s all! Now Huawei’s Email app supports Gmail email accounts for sending, receiving, and drafting emails.
Method 2: Use an Internet Browser
In addition to using the Huawei Internet Browser, users can integrate Gmail on Huawei phones by using the Google App. There is a Huawei browser app preinstalled on your phone, which can be used easily. Follow the steps below to learn more.
- You can use the web version of Gmail by visiting the following URL: http://gmail.com.
- The prompt will require your username and password.
- Your emails would appear on the mobile website of Gmail once you have authorized it.
- To see if new emails have been sent, refresh the URL in your browser. Automatic notifications are not possible since this is not an app.
Now that you know two ways to get Gmail to work on Huawei phones without Play Stores or Play Services, You don’t need gmail download for huawei. you can upgrade your phone to include these features.