An Online casino is a platform in which gambling activities take place with the use of the internet through bookmakers. These games sometimes involve staking on different possible outcomes, which are random or a combination of possible outcomes. Online casinos offer games such as Baccarat, Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Poker, and slots like Golden Ticket 2.
What is Blackjack?
Blackjack is also known to some as Twenty-One card, is a card game played by one or more players. In which every player contest against the dealer in turns. This game is played with one or multiple decks of 52 cards.
How to play blackjack
- Every player first places a bet. The goal of the bet placed on blackjack is to beat the dealer. After that, the dealer hands two cards each to the players, all cards of the players must face up, but one of the dealer’s cards is faced up while the other card is faced down. After a player receives the cards, the points are added up based on the value of each card.
- After adding up points, then the player’s action is determined by the value of their cards. The player’s option is mostly to: Stand, Hit, Split, Double down or Surrender. The most common option is to hit or stand. To Hit is to collect another card in a bid to get or get close to 21. To Stand means holding on to points acquired by the first two cards. Double down is when you double your bet to collect another card from the dealer. Split is an option to split your bets into separate hands after receiving a card of the same value. Surrender is to Give up your hands and collect half of your bet back.
- The final stage is when the dealer turns over his face-down cards and decides to Hit or Stand depending on the rules of that specific game.
The returns on the bets placed by each player are determined by how close their points are to the dealer’s points. A bet is won if the player is closer to 21 than the dealer; if the points are a tie, then it’s a push, then the bet is lost if the dealer’s point is closer to 21 than yours.
Online Casino variants of blackjack
These are some variants of blackjack found online:
- Spanish 21: This type of blackjack allows players to double down on any card number after splitting is also allowed. It offers a bonus payout if a player makes a 5-card 21, 777,678.
- Face Up Blackjack: In this type of game, all the cards, including the dealer’s card, are dealt face up. But players can only double down on 10, 11. It pays even money, and a tie is a win.
- Free Bet Blackjack: in this type, players get free double downs on 9, 10, and 11. It also allows players to split for free into pairs that are not up to 20.
- Most Liberal 21: It allows players to double down on cards of any number. Surrender is also allowed after a card is drawn; it allows aces to be split, re-splitter and hit. A five-card or a 21 is a win. It pays even money and sometimes pays 2 – 1.
Things to know about blackjack variation
- Online casinos don’t offer all types of blackjack variations.
- Blackjack variations that offer side bets tend to have higher house bets.